Ellanday Day Nurseries Chorley and Horwich
Ellanday Nurseries Ltd has been established by the managers of Pipers Day Nursery in Chorley and Moorlands Day Nursery in Horwich.
These nurseries were purchased in December 2012 by the existing managers who are passionate about children and developing the best childcare provision in the area.
Ellanday Nurseries are committed to providing the highest quality care and education for children aged 0 to 5 years.
We appreciate that the early years of a child’s life are of paramount importance. Through a stimulating and exciting environment, opportunities for children to reach their full potential are nurtured by qualified, experienced and dedicated team of staff.
At Ellanday our vision is for all children to reach their full potential. We do this by
- Creating a secure and stimulating environment which enables children to gain a strong foundation in education and develop their social and emotional skills in preparation for school and the rest of their lives.
- Recruiting a dedicated, enthusiastic team of qualified, experienced and professional staff who love to work with children, and have a thirst for continually improving their practice.
- Providing high quality learning experiences for children and strong teaching by staff.
- Working closely with parents, carers and other professionals to support children's learning, development and well-being.
- Meeting the needs of individual children.
- Inspiring children to be confident motivated learners.
Both Nurseries open 7.30am – 6pm Monday to Friday and offer a variety of sessions.
Full day: 7.30am – 6pm
Morning sessions: 7.30am – 1pm
Afternoon sessions: 1pm – 6pm
However we will always endeavour to be flexible in meeting your family’s needs if you require different hours.
Funding: Free 15 hour places for eligible 2, 3 and 4 year olds (Pipers)
Every child aged 3 and 4 are already entitled to 15 hours of free education . From September 2017, the Government is providing an additional 15 hours to working parents who meet their eligibility criteria. Please visit www.lancashire.gov.uk/childcare for further information
Safety and Security: Safety and security is of utmost importance. We have fingerprint access onto the premises, and operate strict collection procedures to safeguard children. We also follow safer recruitment processes to ensure all staff working at the nurseries have an enhanced criminal records check, and we recheck on a regular basis.